Rainbow Hospice Ark
The Rainbow Hospice Ark is a home-like environment with a 24-hour team dedicated to medical, emotional and therapeutic care.
The Ark is an inpatient unit designed to offer short-term care to patients who are experiencing pain or other symptoms associated with their terminal illness that may not be manageable in other settings. The goal is to stabilize patients so they may return to their home environment.
When the Ark may be necessary
- Pain control
- Symptom management that cannot be provided in other settings
- Medication changes or adjustments
- Stabilizing treatment
- Crisis situation for patients or their caregivers
The hospice team can determine whether a patient is eligible for care at the Ark.
Services at the Ark
- 24-hour care from nurses and home health aides with expertise in hospice patient care
- Daily visits from a physician or advance practice nurse
- Support from the entire hospice team, including chaplains and volunteers
- Access to healing arts including music and massage
- A private suite with accommodations for family members to spend the night
- A secure, home-like environment
The Rainbow Hospice Ark is located at the AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago, 7435 W. Talcott Avenue, 4 East. For more information, please call 847-692-8899.
“Our family would like to express what a wonderful staff you have at the Ark. Our brother received such wonderful care from all of the nursing staff and aides. The care and compassion that we, as family members, received was very comforting. Your staff made an unbearable situation a little more bearable. They are all very special people and we will never forget the care we received.”
–A Rainbow Hospice Ark Family