Long-Term Care and Hospice
Rainbow is pleased to offer a specialized program for residents of long-term care facilities (LTC) who are facing a life-limiting illness. In partnership with the long-term care staff, the hospice team provides expertise in pain and symptom management, as well as emotional and spiritual support for residents and facilities.
Under the direction of the patient’s physician and the hospice medical director, the Rainbow care team works together with long-term care staff to provide physical, emotional and spiritual care to residents and families. The hospice does not take the place of care provided by the long-term care staff, but rather, supplements that care.
- Scheduled visits by a registered nurse for pain and symptom management
- Personal care by a certified nursing assistant to enhance care by the LTC.
- Individual and/or family counseling.
- Pastoral Care services.
- Trained volunteers who provide companionship.
- Bereavement counseling and support for family members throughout the resident’s illness, and for a year following his or her death.
- Medications related to the life-limited illness.
- Equipment not routinely provided by the LTC facility.
Any resident of a long-term care facility who has a life-limiting illness and wants comfort and symptom management is eligible for hospice services.
Please view the Long-Term Care Providers List for a list of recommended facilities.