- Rainbow’s board certified physicians work closely with patients and primary care doctors to address pain and symptom management.
- Continuous care teams and a home-like inpatient unit, the Ark, ensure patients and families are supported during every step of their journey.
- Each Rainbow staff member is specially trained in end-of-life care for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias through our Dementia with Dignity Program.
The Care We Provide
- Our care teams meet you where you are — in your own home, a nursing home or a hospital.
- Day or night, our patients and families have access to a Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care nurse ready to answer questions and help address concerns.
- Music, massage and other therapies are integrated into our services to help provide calm and ease pain.
Serving our Community
- Exceptional grief and loss support groups, workshops and one-on-one counseling are available to anyone in our community.
- Rainbow’s powerful Good Mourning Program is open to all children, teens and families in need of grief support.
- Our expert staff members offer educational presentations and training addressing end-of-life issues facing our community.
Choosing a higher standard of care
- Rainbow chooses voluntary accreditation through the Community Health Accreditation Program. Our certification means we maintain a higher standard of care than required even by Medicare.
- Rainbow’s LIFE Institute is a leader in training the next generation of doctors, nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals in best practices for end-of-life care.
- Rainbow’s palliative care physician fellowship program partners with AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago to train the next generation of physicians.
Unfortunately, the most common regret of hospice families is that they didn’t start hospice care for their loved one sooner. Call us anytime at 847-685-9900 to speak with a hospice representative.